February 17, 2009

Time for this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch And Flourishes Challenge

This weeks Mojo Monday Card was a hoot to make. I also used this for the flourishes challenge, which was to use flowers.I switched it up a little by putting a few things on the angle, but I wanted to see if a little change would make a big impact. Here is this weeks sketch challenge. For the colors of this card I chose Pixy Pink, Not Quite Navy, and Always Artichoke. I also used a piece of mattestack from the Rock Star DCWV. I decided to give a decorative edge to the card this time, so used my purple cow trimmer to do that. I love this 2 in 1 trimmer with the guillotine and paper trimmer in one. But me thinks I have to get a wee cutter for quick fixes.
I used a few different stamps for the card. The Love saying from Dreams du Jour, a flourish from Autumn Leaves and a medallion stamp that I sprinkled Perfect Pearls on form the background of the Sentiment stamp. I really like the effect that this has. I took my first stab at truly coloring an image using markers and blenders and I really am quite smitten with how that sweet flower turned out. What do you think? Also for the two stripes on each side of the design, I purchased this really cool metal embossed plate on my last trip south. I try to find the maker for you. Used alcohol ink to give it a green tint.
Lastly I used a few Prima flowers folded in half and secured them to the card with a pretty square ice brad in teal. Added 3 square buttons to give the card balance and TADDA!!!! My Mojo Monday card is complete
Hope you enjoyed looking at the card and if you haven't taken a Mojo Challenge...What are you waiting for?
Happy Crafting

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! This card really speaks to me, I love it, great use of colors. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love the way you folded the flowers and used the brad for the center!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the folded Primas! Just wanted to check to make sure you got my email answering your questions. My mail has been a little unpredictable lately and some messages haven't gone through. Hopefully you got it, if not let me know. Great job with this mojo Monday sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika, this is lovely!!!! Great coloring and love all the details. Thanks so much for playing in the FTTC3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...