February 10, 2009

Pink Elephant Challenge

When I was blurfing yesterday, I came across a really great sketch site that is brand spankin new. It is called The Pink Elephant I love the name and the first challenge happens to be one of my favorite color combos. Make a card using Pink, black and white. So that is exactly what I did. I also entered this card into the Flourishes Button Challenge. Love how you can use buttons on cards and there are so many cute ones out there!
I thought I would try my hand at something I believe is called a Joy Fold card (here is a tutorial for you), and I absolutely love how it turned out. For the CS, I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Pink Passion
I had in my scrap stash the black and white striped polka dots that I used on the inside of the card.The plaid and pink/black flowered paper are from the Rock Star and All Dressed Up DCWV mat stacks. I colored in the Heart in the card using 2 shades of Le Plume markers, then painting over it with Bubble Gum Shimmerz.
I used a bunch of prima flowers in 3 shades of pink and a great Polka Dot heart from Making Memories Acrylic Valentine pack. Adding some cute buttons I found at Ben Franklins the finish the flowers off. I just needed to use a few new stamps that I purchased. One of them Being Cuppa Love by I think Stamp Barn, and the other a sweet heart scroll that I just love. This to date is my absolute favorite creation, and I hope you love it too.

Hope you enjoyed this post. I've got one more coming up
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment for me and
Happy Crafting

14 comments:

  1. Awesome card!! I truly love everything about it!! Great work. Thanks for entering our first challenge at TPE. Hope to see you back again next week!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at TPE Erika!!
    You are is Lovely!!

    Hope to see you next week as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, Your card is outstanding!! Lot of layers and full of cuteness!!
    WOW!! Thanks for joining us with such an Awesome card!!

    Hope to see you next week as well!!
    LORi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Erika, so much gorgeous detail!
    Thanks for joining us this week :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. No wornder it's your favorite. I also love pink & Black

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i love this fold - not seen it before and it is so effective.

    Your card holds people's attention as there are so many beautiful parts to it. It's gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining the Pink Elephant Challenge this week. Hope you'll find time to join in again soon.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erika, thanks for the tut! I love the term "blurfing" LOL! Your card is stunning! I love the pattern combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O Erika it is beautiful They LOOK great togather..I just bought me a pocket book in them colors..LOLOL
    Thank U for sharing..I Love Your Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for the tutorial link as well.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always wanted to try this fold! How fun...thank you for the link too! Great card..TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness are you awesome! Just know, that no matter how hard you try.....not going there. Luv U!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pretty awesome too! Looks like an incredible labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, I love your color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...