February 12, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge #73

Have I told you lately how much I adore Mojo Mondays? If not well now you know. This is this weeks sketch challenge and I thought I would use some colors that were a little more "demure" haha. I love working with color, so I was hummin and hawin about this one, but the finished product tickles my fancy. So here as per usual is the sketch followed by my take on it. Let me know what you think!!!

For this card I used a great Zebra stamp that I received in a Time to Stamp grab bag and I love this lil guy. The cardstock I used is SU Basic Black and Whisper White as well as a matte from the Far East DCWV matte stack and the zebra print from the All Dress up Matte Stack.
I used 3 different kinds of ink for this card. Versafine Onyx Black and Smokey Gray as well as Nick Bantock Van Dyke Brown. I seem to have a need to distress the edges of a card. maybe I can break myself of that, but for now I like the effect it has.
Adding some color to the landscape under the striped ones feet with Le Plume markers to give some depth. Lastly, a pretty piece of brown grosgrain ribbon and a wooden button to finish it off.

Hope you enjoyed the card and
Happy Crafting

6 comments:

  1. Erika your zebra is fabulous! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific! Everything coordinates just perfect! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What an awesome card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little Zebra - I think the wood buttons really makes that card stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...