March 12, 2012

Wow Embossing and Quick Quotes Papers- masculine scrapbook layouts

It is no secret that I love the earth tone collection of embossing powders from Wow Embossing Powders. I think it is the cook in me, with names like nutmeg, pepper and honey, how can you not like them right?

Hello everyone, I'm here today to share with you a scrapbook layout I created using Quick Quotes Tin Type papers and the earth tone collection from Wow (with a little Copper thrown into the mix). I'm so lucky to be a recurring Guest Designer with Quick Quotes and I will have my first project up on the Quick Quotes blog on the 16th of March. So stop by and check it out. (it is a Steampunk Mixed Media canvas)

I used these embossing powders for stamping, masking and to highlight the chipboard alpha letters. First a photo of the letters. I used Bloody Mary Powder Puff ink, then the copper.


For the envelope, I decided to emboss the entire thing. (the envelope was originally white with red polka dots) Then I used the postage stamp from Wow to add a little more interest.


This next photo really shows how well Wow Embossing Powders work with masks. I used the Tim Holtz Timeworks masks to create the background paper.


Now for the final project. Do ya wanna see? are ya sure? Well here it is, a layout all about our sons dreams. He wants to build his own hotel then be the chef in the restaurant. Gotta love dreams!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I have some exciting news to share with you tomorrow morning. It is FAB-U-LOUS!!!

Toodles



5 comments:

  1. Love all the texture on this layout!What a fun layout-know your son will enjoy this when he gets older. My youngest always wanted to be a chef and police officer and he became an officer that cooks and cans all the time..lol I love to tease him about it
    I know your good news and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love what you've done to the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout - love the colours and the embossing and great subject; you and your son will be able to look back in years to and see if he fulfilled his dream or dreamed up a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - and by the way, I also love the look of your blog. Very original, especially the moving eye!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...