February 6, 2009

CPS Sketch Challenge101

CPS has a wonderful challenge yet again and since I just received some new SU papers, I had an idea.

I absolutely love the new Rockabilly design paper line from SU. It is just to darn sweet! Here is the sketch followed by my spin. Hope you like it.

Firstly I used Kiwi Kiss and Black Cardstock for the mattes. Then a 2/3, 1/3 split with the cherries and the black texture.(these papers have a great shine to areas and are wonderful to work with)

I then used a scalloped nestability and a great Making Memories acrylic tag. Layered them and then for the finale
A silver hodgepodge frame, some real purdy red organza ribbon and a Cherry Stamp to make this cute card complete.


Hope you really enjoy this card. It was a smash to make
Happy Crafting

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! It looks like it took a long time though....did it?

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love that!!!! Can't wait to get that paper. I love the way you did the ribbon through the Hardware and put the square on behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty card! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love how you put this together. What a great layout & clean and gorgeous look! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the color combo! Love your enthusiasm and energy in creating your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! Thanks for the visit to my blog! The fairy is from Unity. It is one of their monthly club images--either August or Sept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuteness! I am loving the cherries! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking card Erika love the cherries.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...this is gorgeous Erika!! OK...I am new to blogging but I LOVE your blog!! I nominated you for an award! Come by my blog and see how you can get your award! Your's is definitely in my top 10!!! Deb from Oregon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...