February 20, 2009

CPS sketch 103

Another weekly CPS challenge and I really had to think about this one. Even though the sketch is fairly simple, My brain was working overtime to get this where I really liked it. So with further adieu, here is the sketch!For the colors, I worked backwards this time. I will usually pick out colors and then build the card around that, but this time I decided to try a background effect that I've never done. So had to pick the card colors after the end result. I tried the heated pearls background technique (which you can find a tutorial here from Beate)using 3 colors of the Aged Patina Perfect pearls.
After I did the background, I knew that Very Vanilla, Garden Green and you guessed it, Not Quite Navy, were going to make the card. But I did need a little color so what would I choose. A few hues of pink to give this card a little life. There were 2 stamps that i used. The little butterfly at the top is from my favorite SU set Dreams du Jour. The large image is from my all time favorite stamp company to date, Non Sequitur and is from the Samurai Plate. These stamps are absolutely gorgeous and if you are in the buying mood for a stamp or two, I highly recommend dealing with these guys. They are fantastic.
To give the card a little flair, I used some pink rhinestone brads which I colored with a brown Le plume marker, a piece of ribbon that came from my wedding bouquet *smile*, and a piece of grunge in the shape of a butterfly, from the Tim Holtz Grunge board line.
I hope you truly enjoyed this card. I has a little sentiment in it, which I hold dear. Have an awesome weekend and
Happy Crafting

6 comments:

  1. Oh to have time..

    Luv ya, miss ya, see you soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Erika! Love the butterflies and sketch. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!! Great job with sketch 103...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your butterfly and this fits so well with the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is lovely - that ribbon finishes it off! and who knew that you could color the brads (I didn't, can you tell) thanks for that tip x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is incredible. You have a very enjoyable style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...