September 9, 2010

A Little Scary Boo and a Witchy Princess

That crisp feel in the evening breeze has started to show its face. I'm loving that fall feel. Leaves are just starting to change, children in school and Halloween candy everywhere. Not the best for my waistline, but yummy nonetheless.

Today I've got a Halloween card to share with you as well as a little layout using Nikki Sivils products. Nikki's Boo-tiful collection is beyond sweet, and I'm head over heels for the argyle My Costume print in this collection.

First this little Halloween card: I used some of that super yummo Co'ordinations paper and zipped it through the Big Shot with my favorite Halloween Folderthen did some serious sanding.The light purple sparkly paper is from Paper Temptress and is called Amethyst Mica Metallic 



To really get some serious dimension on the pumpkins and bat, I used my Helmar Liquid Scrap dots. I know, I know, I mention this stuff all the time. Simply because it is my favorite product in my craft space. You can grab some of it at Really Reasonable Ribbon
I cut the letters using my new SLICE. Oh how I love love love my new slice.


Next we have a slightly non traditional halloween layout. I was pulled into the pink zone since our little girl loves pink and her little princess treat bag is.... well..... pink lol. So out came the Cool Cord Brads from Nikki Sivils and some Light Pink Organza ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I quite like that hint of pink on an otherwise Halloween palette. I love adding liquid pearls and stickles to flourishes. YUMMO


That's all for today. I'm off to pick up the princess from daycare. Hope you are all having a wonderful day. Leave a comment today sharing your favorite thing about Halloween and you could win a little present from me to you

Toodles
Erika

11 comments:

  1. Erika - I love these two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Halloweeny! I love the layout. Your picture is so cute.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika

    What I like most about Halloween is the little ones coming to my door in their costumes saying Trick or Treat! Plus the fact my birthday is the day before Halloween and my sister's is the day after!

    Take Care
    Lynn SB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where I live now, we don't get any trick or treaters, but I used to love getting dressed up in some kind of costume to dole out the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Erika but that layout is absolutely adorable!

    She looks so cute in her witch costume and the unexpected pink is great with the other colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job on both, love the card, Core'dinations is the best, never saw that EF, but such a great one for Halloween. The layout is adorable, love the colors and all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your Halloween creations Erika, the embossing on your card is wonderful and your little 'witch' is sooo adorable! What I like best about Halloween is the mysterious lights and spooky decorations around the house. I'm glad we get to see more and more of it in our country these days!! Have a great weekend, ~Ira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purdy! And you know what I'm going to say, but I won't cheapen it by saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of these, fantastic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous! You have such a way with color... only *you* could work pink into a Halloween project and make it great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good girl!! You created a layout! :) It's gorgeous! And she's such a little cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...