June 16, 2010

Scrapbook Star Tutorial Cracked Glass and Metal Flowers

A cloudy, overcast Wednesday today everyone. I did get a moment to go and plant my sweetpeas and hope they will sprout. Yesterday our Son had a doctors appointment and we finally got some results that are going to help him stay healthy. Poor little guy {5 1/2} has had a real rough go this year.I guess that is what happens to Little pumpkins born at 33 weeks. He has some high level allergies and a sever allergy that we think has been toe culprit to all his sickness. He is allergic to our kitty and that is just heartbreaking. Now we have to see if my sister will take Puck for I don't think she'd make it with anyone else. She is a super shy, scaredy cat, and is an indoor cat to boot. *pouting*

But let's put a happy bit into this post today.
I've got a great 2 part tutorial over at Scrapbook Star and I love how it turned out. You can find the whole tutorial HERE. I created the Cracked Glass effect using UTEE and a metal flower.

Here are the photos for you.


Such a cool technique that I will definitely be doing again soon


Here is the flower

And the finished card



Tonight is weigh in at Weight Watchers, and I'm feeling really great about the outcome. I'll share it with you tomorrow.

Until then,
Toodles


Supplies
Bo Bunny Flower Child Collection
tenSeconds Studio Appletini metal
tenSeconds Studio Tools
Jute ribbon- Really Reasonable Ribbon
alcohol ink
Inkadinkado Morphic Flowers Stamp
Helmar Zapdots
Helmar  Quick Fix Adhesive Runner
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

All supplied not hyper linked, available at Scrapbook Star


3 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful rose embellishment. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

    Sorry about your son and his allergy to the kitty. You know I am allergic to cats & have 6 of them (all indoor)! I take allergy injections every month and that has really helped. I couldn't bear to part with my furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card (and techniques), Erika!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! I really like this LO! Rge craked glass and flower are the cherry on the top!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...