June 1, 2010

Bomshell meets Fimo Clay

Hello Everyone and happy 2nd of June. I have a few things to share with you today. Firstly is my first attempt at Polymer Clay. If any of you create with this stuff on a regular basis, I would love to know your tips and tricks. For this pendant, I wanted to create something for my Sister using Bombshell Stamps. She loves big and chucky jewelry, and although this piece is not as finished as I'd like it to be, it is my first attempt, so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself.

The polymer clay was stamped with the Bombshell Spider Web stamp from the Tattoo Background Set and I really like the look. Then I made the little flower and the swirls. After the piece was put together, I dusted the entire thing with Perfect Pearls and gently misted with water to set. Then I added a few Heidi Swapp chandelier crystals and a green crystal bead in the center of the flower. Finished it off with a few pieces of Vintaj Brass and TADA!!!

This is the final result and my sister really liked it.



I used the Helmar Gemsstone glue on the center of the flower and it worked like magic!!!

Not to bad for a first attempt eh? <------the Canadian in me appeared there lol

Now onto the second little tidbit for today. A little bit ago, I was asked by Joni at Raise the Bar Challenge blog if I wanted to come on board as one of their full time designers, and I'm thrilled to say that I accepted. How fun is that!!!

Last but not least, Really Reasonable Ribbon has started challenges at their blog too. Our first challenge is to create a masculine themed card, and I would love for you to hop on over and join in the fun. You could win a gift certificate to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. Who doesn't love ribbon right?

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you are enjoying the weather and the flowers that Spring time offers. Until next time

Toodles

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Erika! :)

    Congrats on the new DT position! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I don't believe for a minute it's a first attempt! You must be a clay natural ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great, i love the pearl look! my tip is to get a pasta machine to condition the clay if you intend to do a lot of clay work. Also i like the Amaco tri bead roller and bezel maker (that might not be the technical name;) and be sure to use a good clay like premo if you are doing jewlrey, it had a bit of flex to it and will not break like the sculpey 3 will. Sculpy 3 is great for chunky things and kids use because it is easier to knead:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Erika, it really turned out pretty!
    I agree about the pasta machine, not just for conditioning, but it can be set on a thickness and can be stamped into and then cut out. I also have kept a 12x12 piece of ceramic tile on hand for years. It is the best thing to bake the clay on, plus you can pull it out of the oven and let it cool on the tile.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I LOVE THIS and this is your first?! Fabulous job with the bling on the clay piece too! I used perfect pearls on UTEE but not on clay...you've inspired me to try it..soon. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on this Erika. It's beautiful! I love to play with polymer clay too when I have time (which is never - lolol). There are so many fun things you can do with it. I look forward to seeing more of your clay creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...