February 27, 2009

CPS challenge 104

This weeks Card Positioning System Sketch sang to me. I immediately had an idea and I am absolutely smitten with how it turned out. Take a look at this great sketch. For the colors, I used Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise and whisper white. I had some perfectly matched turquoise mulberry paper that I just had to try using. Have you figured out yet, that I absolutely love flourishes?
Well this project was no exception for using them. I used one of the flourishes from an autumn Leaves set paired with versamark for a subtle background stamp on the turquoise. For the white I tried my first shot at a water color look using Nick Bantock Cerelean Azure. I quite like the overall look this gave after I soaked it with water, then dried with an iron.
Then one of my other favorite things to do. I stamped my prima flowers in the same inks that I used for the rest of the project. I think this really give a flower that little UMPH!!! Finishing off the card with some square and rectangle jewels in black, this baby was done.
I so hope you enjoyed this card. The colors really sang to me. Don't forget to scroll down and enter my Blog Candy give away since I've reaches over 10000 hits. I so appreciate you stopping by, and this is just a little sign of my appreciation.
Until Next Time
Happy Crafting

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The colors are really striking.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty card! Love how you used the mulberry paper. Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love you colors!!! I love flourishes too. Great job on the sketch! Your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and I really like the idea of stamping your flowers. I'm going to have to try this. thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sketch and pretty card! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erika, this is my first time to your blog... your cards are Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that card - wonderful color combination, I must try that. Also like the stamping on the flowers and as another swirl addict I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great take on the cps sketch! like all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your colors are wonderful! Love what you did with that CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...