April 6, 2012

Fearless Friends in Art Guest Blogger Series - Carisa Zglobicki

 Hello everyone, and welcome to another fantastic day in the Fearless Friends in Art Guest Blogger Series. Today it is my great pleasure to introduce to you a fantastic artist that I have been blessed to meet and now call a friend. This girl is a sweet as they come. Her passion and love for her family, her country and her art is beyond doubt and to tell you the truth, I'm simply smitten with her!!! She is a UnityTV artist and does the most amazing videos and her smile will brighten anyones day. Today I introduce you to Carisa Zglobicki


Hi everyone! I'm super excited to be a guest blogger this week on Erika's blog. I have loved getting to know her as my DT sister on Helmar and I had the pleasure of meeting her face to face this past January at CHA and let me tell you, she is a riot and a blast to hang out with. Not to mention super sweet and always has an encouraging word for me. 
My main passion is coloring but this week I wanted to do something I've been putting off because of my own insecurities but I'm in love with mixed media art and watch you tube videos all the time. Sometimes I'm watching them too much and never get creative myself. LOL I have stacks of blank canvases and finally I just went with it. I used a variety of stamps and paints and inks. I have to say this was a ton of fun to put together and I love love love the end result. I had the Suzi Blu stamps on my wish list since CHA and finally got them a couple weeks ago. The cute Unity Stamp Co. itty bitty is called So Sweet. I'm terrified of big spaces ( I did my first 12x12 layout yesterday, LOL) so this canvas is a nice cozy 8x8. Thanks for looking and I also have a video on my youtube channel showing the process of it coming together. 
I played with molding medium for the sun using a mask. I LOVE it and can't way to try out different effects with it. The molding medium comes white so I added some shimmery gold ink to make it yellow and then splashed the ink on top for even more texture.
This is an adorable Unity Stamp Co itty bitty called So Sweet. I stamped her on adhesive backed canvas paper using Faber-Castell Big Pitt pens, then outlined it in black and added some hair (the stamp has no hair)
The birds and most of the other stamps used in the canvas (other than the main sentiment) are from a Unity Stamp Co. Ippity set called What Matters Most. I also used a new Christy Tomlinson background stamp for a bit of texture that I stamped with orange and yellow Faber-Castell gelatos.
My attempted at doodling. LOL I am not a big doodler by nature but I love the look on mixed media so it's a little bit of trying to free myself and I am sure I'll get better. It looks a little forced to me when it's intention is just the opposite!
I also used a bit of Christy Tomlinson's doodling rub ons. I love those! The sticker that says "She had Colorful Dreams" is from Cosmo Cricket. I knew I wanted to put this on there because I'm busy trying to build my magazine called Designed To Color and this canvas will serve as inspiration in my office when I'm feeling overwhelmed! 
Thanks again, Erika for letting me guest blog for ya! 
Hugs, Carisa - My Blog Owner of Designed To Color - An online craft magazine devoted to coloring! Proud Design Team Leader for 7 Kids College Fund - online store for all your paper crafting desires! Thrilled to be a Unity TV Design Team Member Happy to design for Helmar, Saturated Canary Digital Stamps & Freckles and Pigtails

4 comments:

  1. beautiful Carisa.. love all your textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas Carisa. I know I need to get back to doing more of these... only have done one myself. They are a beautiful form of inspiration when you pick quotes more personal to you. Well done for stepping out of your comfort zone AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the Tiny Text sticker! Awesome project!!!

    Julie Comstock

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking a moment to leave a comment. I really appreciate what you have to say

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...